Thursday, April 2, 2015

Nurse Struggles & Fabletics Review

I haven't written a blog post in about a week and there's a decent reason why. As a nurse, I work 12 hour shifts in the CCU and I like to group my days together to have more off in a row, but usually 5 consecutive days is usually my limit. Somehow this week I managed to sign myself up for 6 in a row and let me tell you, it was a challenge. When I work long stretches, usually all I do is work and sleep. This time I had to fit in working out! I'm proud to say I worked out every day! The fact that the workouts are only 30 minutes made it pretty doable. On day 5, I did have to switch out the pilates fix that I was supposed to do for the 10 minute abs video since I woke up too late. It was challenging, on day 6 not a single cell in my body wanted to workout but I did it!

The other challenge I ran into working was food prep. I really only woke up about 45 mins earlier than usual- just enough time to workout and make my shakeology.  Not really any extra time for cooking. The food I had prepped on my days off only lasted me until about day 3. I managed to find some salads to eat in our crapeteria and I got jimmy johns one day. Overall, I didn't do too bad, I avoided cake, cookies and candy that were all at work. I was going to split a Coke Life (sweetened with cane sugar and stevia) with a friend but I honestly took a few sips and threw it away! It just didn't taste good anymore, which is strange since I used to be a huge pop fan! Two thumbs up for Shakeology and its craving crushing abilities!

As a reward for working out while working, I ordered an outfit from Fabletics! I've seen this company advertized, they offer a complete workout outfit for $25 (kind of). When you sign up for the VIP club, which is a monthly subscription just like Just Fab, your first outfit is 50% off of the normal VIP prices, which start at $49.95. I didn't really love any of the cheaper ones, so I picked a 2-peice outfit that had a VIP price of $69.95, bringing my cost to about $35. My order arrived just a few days later (fast shipping!) I was nervous about the sizing, but everything was pretty true to size. I ordered a large and both piece fit well. The jacket is a very cute stretchy black zip-up. The zipper is on an angle, creating a unique asymmetrical style. It has zipper pockets on the sides and holes in the sleeves for your thumbs. It's very comfortable and flattering! The yoga capris are also very comfy! The material is very soft and stretchy. They feel nice and thick- no see-through problems here! The back of the pants have a zipper pocket that would be great for a house key while going on runs. 
 My Fabletics Outfit (Don't mind the dog toys in the background!)


I've hear the quality of the pants are comparable to lululemon which I've never owned because of the outrageous price. They do feel like much better quality than the Victoria Secret Pink yoga pants I usually buy. Overall, I love the outfit I got! I've worn the jacket to work twice now and its very comfy. The value was great, especially with the 50% discount. A pair of VS yoga pants alone usually cost around $40-$50 and these are nicer quality. I'm not sure that I will order something every month. They allow you to skip any month for no charge. As cute as the outfits are, I don't really need to spend $50 on workout clothes every month. I do think its a great way non-food reward for sticking to 21 Day Fix and I will order again.

If you wanna check Fabletics out, here's a link!

No comments:

Post a Comment