Tuesday, April 21, 2015

First round of 21 Day Fix & Erin Condren Life Planner

Last week I finished off my first round of 21 Day Fix. While I didn't get the amazing transformation that I was hoping for, the results were definitely there. I lost about 3 lbs, 2 inches off my belly, 1/2 an inch of each leg and 1/4 inch of each arm. Nothing earth shattering but I know that one pound of weight loss a week is a normal, healthy amount. Possibly more importantly, my scrubs are fitting better, I'm able to squeeze into some jeans that I wasn't previously able to wear, and I look and feel less bloated and uncomfortable. I started up my second round on Monday after taking 3 days off. I weighed myself today and I've already lost 1.6 lbs! I have a feeling this round will be more successful for me. I know that when you start a workout program that your body isn't used to, your body released a stress hormone called cortisol. This can cause your body to hold onto your weight and excess water to fuel your muscles. Eventually, your body will hit it's stride and the weight will start coming off. I know it will come so I'm just going to keep pressing play, eating right and I'm confident the results will follow!

I'd like to share a tool that I use to track my food with 21 Day Fix, my beloved Erin Condren planner! A friend of mine introduced me to Erin Condren in November of last year. Erin makes personalized organizational items such as planners and address books, as well as stationary and much more! The planner features weekly and monthly spreads and  a "keep it together" pocket in the back that holds various loose papers, cards and such. It also comes with a ziploc bag type case for pens and other items that don't fit in the pocket, as well as a loose perpetual calender that you can use to record yearly events such as birthdays which you can then move to next years planner when the time comes. There are tons of blog posts and youtube videos about the planner so I won't get too indepth on its features. Instead I want to showcase how I use it for the 21 day fix!
This is the weekly spread in the planner. I purchased stickers from this etsy shop. She makes them for all different calorie ranges and also for T25. The stickers feature the workout of the day and fit perfectly into one of the squares on the planner. I also recorded when I started my challenge group! This is a really great tool to keep track of your meals. It displays it in a cute way, the adorable design of the planner makes me want to write in it! I use colorful pens to make it even more fun. Before I got my stickers, I just took my pens in colors that coordinated with the containers and drew little boxes that I checked off. The bottom picture shows my personalized cover, as well as my personalized carry all clutch which holds the planner. She also sends everything in adorable packaging which is a nice touch!

In short, I highly recommend this planner! If you are interested, these planners are currently marked down 40% off to $30! You also get $10 off your first order with this link., bringing your final cost to $20. Also, the covers are removable and interchangeable so you can reuse it next year when the 2016 planner comes out. This really is a great deal since you can still get good use out the planner for the rest of the year.


No comments:

Post a Comment